Thursday, November 11, 2010

Good Morning!




I realize I've been slacking on writing! Anyways, today...there are 23 days till our wedding! Wow. Its flown by and its really going to go by quickly within the next 3 weeks. Let me give you updates!

Pictures:
Travis and I celebrated our three years last Friday. He surprised me and took me to the Reunion Tower in Dallas (the tall tower with the ball on top) and it was phenomenal! I planned the activity and we took dancing lessons! Ha it was fun to learn how to stay "connected" on the dance floor!

We went up for OSU Homecoming (bummer we got killed by Nebraska) ..pic of trav, libby and I..my best friends!

We went down to Austin for our last counseling with Zac and stay with Luke and Courtney and baby Jolene (travs cousins!) and love love that family.





This weekend is our Bachelorette/ Bachelor Parties..let me tell you how we changed this preconception of a party to an awesome weekend.

My phenomenal maid and matron of honor (Libby Francis and Meg Brown) are throwing mine at our lakehouse on Lake Tenkiller in Oklahoma! We are literally bringing food, sweats, blankets, wedding movies, guitars, and more food. What an amazing idea! I love the idea of just having sweet fellowship, great laughs, fun talks on the porch wrapped up in blankets with hot chocolate! I am so excited!!

Peter Bay (Best Man) is planning Travis' and its going to be at Travs Aunt and Uncles Ranch! He has thought through this weekend with great detail and things that Travis would love. I know they are going shooting and thats all I know!

This describes Travis and I to the T...very chill..love being with friends...not going with the normal bach party "go to the bars"..

We have absolutely LOVED our engagement and have grown so much from our counseling. To let you in on some personal stuff, we haven't kissed in 6 months. We signed a contract with our pastor to keep us accountable and we promise we have been faithful to our word. Many reasons why we did this, but I will list 2.

1) To promise each other this in engagement and to stay faithful to this, is a way to show and prove that we will be faithful to each other in marriage. Not saying couples that messed up will end in unfaithfulness( thats not for me to say) but for us this is a way to show one another.
2) We wanted to be beyond reproach with our purity. Just to guard ourselves and make our wedding extra special!

We have just been so blessed by so many people during this time. We are so grateful for all the prayers and encouragement!

Next weekend we fly to Tulsa to have an Alaback shower! Meet with the caterer, asbury pastor, and other appointments.. Then we drive up to Tulsa the Wednesday before Thanksgiving and I stay there till the Wedding! Woop Woop! So excited!

Thanks for reading! Have a joyful one!
Tricia and Travis

No comments:

Post a Comment