Tuesday, September 21, 2010

A Walk Across the Golf Course


Travis grew up playing on his grandmothers and good daddys golf course. It gives him joy walking across the golf course after everyone has left. The joy has spread towards me because I just get to walk by him holding his hand admiring the sunset the Lord painted that day. Simple joys in life as so wonderful and I wish that I took more time to thank the Lord for them.

Update on Travis and I's counseling:

Reading Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas

It is absolutely wonderful and eye opening. Our pastor-Zac Allen- has really challenged us to look at Marriage the way Gary Thomas illustrates it. The theme of the book is What if God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than To Make Us Happy? This doesn't mean that happiness and holiness are parallel, Thomas explains that Marriage is a refinement process. Dieing to yourself daily and serving your spouse second, serving the Lord first. We also are learning that if you serve the Lord each day and concentrate on that, that will overflow into your other relationships. Another thing I learned is that if you feel like your spouse needs to change...change yourself first and see what happens..

We were in the car the other day and Travis looks at me and goes, "Tricia why do you think we should get married?" Its a good question.. I answered, "I know you and I were meant to be together so that we could glorify the Lord through our relationship/marriage." He replied, " I agree." Then we read the book and Thomas stated, " In a God-centered view, we preserve our marriage because it brings glory to God and points a sinful world to a reconciling Creator." I am so glad my fiance and I are striving to do this! We need prayers.

Something that I love about Travis and I, we laugh... a ton.. I added this picture that was taken last year fall semester because it just makes me laugh how interesting we can be. I hope you all have a joyous day and notice the simple, extravagant details the Lord blesses us with to show us He loves us and to give Him glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment