Monday, September 13, 2010

Tuffy and Us


I told Travis we should start a book spin off of the Marley and Me called Tuffy and Us. We have had 3 adventures with Tuffy-"our" blonde Dudley Lab. Let me tell you..

Brianna (my roomate/one of my best friends) and I cook dinner together and make desserts throughout the week. I made some amazing Pioneer Woman strawberry cobbler. Travis and Tuffy came over to eat and then us three humans went out to show Brianna around Fort Worth. I left the freshly baked strawberry cobbler in my pyrex dish on the counter..bad idea. You see, Travis and Tuffy are freakishly alike. Travis always goes for the sweets..so does Tuffy. We came back and I look at the pyrex dish and go "Travis, did you eat more cobbler..like all of it?" and he goes, "No..." and we both looked at Tuff and Tuff's ears were down and he started squinting his eyes and getting low to the ground. He managed to eat the entire cobbler without moving my pyrex dish and only getting a few crumbs on the counter..talent.

I came home from Tulsa with some 6 yummy Porter Peaches my mom lovingly supplied me with. I ate one on the road and placed the others on the counter. Travis and I left to go run some errands that night. Travis took Tuffy home with him and the next morning I realized my peaches were on the carpet. I only had 2 peaches left and there were stains on the carpet! Tuffy ate 3 peaches and their pits too! We took tuff to the vet and the vet said that he was worried about a part in the intestines and stomach section where its smaller. Therefore, "Mom and Dad" aka us had to dig through Tuffy's poop for the next couple days. It was a good picture of us..Travis and I holding our noses, both have sticks and searching through poop while tuffy watched. We laughed through it.

Last story. I live next door to a huge cemetery. Travis and I enjoy taking walks through there. Tuffy doesn't wear a collar or leash because Travis trained him so well, therefore Tuffy just runs around smelling dead people, chasing squirrels and an even larger "squirrel" that we didn't train him to stay away from. Tuffy came back suddenly rolling on the ground and drool everywhere. The security lady drove by us watching Tuffy and goes "Oh, he did it again..that skunk gets so many dogs". Quick run to Target and got Tomato Juice and get this.. Hydrogen Peroxide, Palmolive, Baking Soda mix. We tried the Tomato Juice first and he turned out looking like a pink bunny for days. The other mix works!! That was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment